• All proposals must be submitted online via the submission website no later than Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 5:00 PM EDT. Proposals submitted by any other means (including emailed directly to Division Chairs or AJS staff or submitting to the session organizer form/table) will not be accepted.
• Access to the proposal submission site is available through your MyAJS account or directly by clicking here. You will need to log in to your MyAJS account; join or renew your individual membership for 2022, and then click the "Submit a Proposal" link under the Conference header to access the submission site. The system will not allow you to submit a proposal until you have completed the required payment. (Note: the submission site data is updated several times per day, but is not refreshed in real time, so the site may not allow you to log in if you just renewed. Please try again later, and if you are still not able to log in, contact Michelle Katz in the AJS Office.) Login to the conference submission site with the same username and password as you use for your MyAJS account.
• Do not use the "back" arrow on your web browser to return to a previous page on the submission site. You will lose your data. Move back and forth through the submission site only via the corner prompts on the submission pages.
• In order to save your data, you must click "Accept and Continue" in the bottom right-hand corner of each submission page. If you are interrupted during the submission process, or wish to finish submitting at a later time, enter temporary information and click "Accept and Continue" on each page until you get to the final page, confirming that your proposal has been received. You will also receive an email confirming submission. You may go back and edit your proposal as many times as you like through the submission deadline of May 5, 2022, but note that you will not be able to receive additional emails to confirm changes you make beyond the original submission.
• If you "get lost" in the midst of submitting a proposal, you can always click the "Submission Menu" tab in the top right-hand corner of the page, and you will be brought back to the first page of the submission process. From there, you will be able to select "Work on Current Submission," and you can move through the pages you have completed (the data will have been saved) and resume where you left off. Please note: If "Accept and Continue" is not clicked before you navigate away from a page, you will lose all data already entered on that page.
• If you are submitting a session, you are automatically the Session Organizer on the site. This is an administrative role only on the submission site, and does not count towards the role maximum, and also is not included in any program closer to the conference. If you are submitting a session on behalf of a set of participants and are NOT participating, please leave as-is. If you are also participating in the session, please leave yourself in the role of Session Organizer and then add yourself again, like you would for any other participant, on the page in the correct role. The AJS will assume that you are not a participant in a session if you are solely listed as the session organizer.
• To volunteer to chair a session, please select "Volunteer to be a Chair" from the Main Menu, and indicate which divisions you would like to be considered for in a chair role. Note that chair roles count towards the two role maximum for a conference. Volunteers that are added to sessions are notified at the time of notices regarding acceptance or rejection for all submissions. If you are added to a session and it is accepted or rejected, you will receive a notice listing you and all other participants in the session, along with their email address. If you receive such a notice and have to cancel your participation in that session, please email Michelle Katz ASAP so that we can find an alternate chair.
• The system times out after 60 minutes PER PAGE. If you are unable to finish the submission process within that time, enter temporary information and click "Accept and Continue" on each page until you get to the final page, confirming that your proposal has been received. You will also receive an email confirming submission. You may go back and edit your proposal as many times as you'd like up until the submission deadline of May 5, 2022.
• All A/V requests must be submitted as part of the submission in advance of the deadline.
• Please consult the relevant Proposal Submission Checklist(s) to ensure your proposal is ready for submission.
All Member News