We are proud to announce our new mobile app for our conference this year!
This amazing tool will act not only as your digital guide for the conference, but as a way to network with other attendees with the “Shake & Connect” technology. The app will also provide you with the schedule, speakers, exhibitors, etc. all at your fingertips.
Download "Association for Jewish Studies" in your mobile app store! OR go to: https://socio.events/ajs/ajs-download
Once you set up your profile, it’s time to connect with fellow attendees. We are giving away two prizes to whomever makes the most mobile app connections or "handshakes" by the end of the plenary, to be announced then, and at the end of the conference.
Our Sunday winner will receive a free 2018 AJS conference registration.
Our Tuesday winner will receive a 2018-19 complimentary membership, free 2018 AJS conference registration and two hotel nights at our 2018 conference in Boston, MA.
So get connecting!
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. All Federal, State, local laws and Regulations apply.
1. Who May Enter. This contest is open to all Association for Jewish Studies (“AJS”) 2017 conference attendees in Washington D.C., who are at least eighteen years of age at the time of the conference, own their own smart mobile device and download the Mobile app for the conference to their smart mobile device (“Entrants”). The conference will be from December 17, 2017 through 1:45pm Tuesday December 19, 2017 and the contest will be from the date the conference app can be downloaded through Tuesday December 19, 2017 as further explained in paragraph 4 below. Employees of the Association for Jewish Studies or their family members are not eligible to participate.
2. Sponsor. This contest is sponsored by the Association for Jewish Studies, (“the Sponsor”) 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011.
3. Agreement. Participation in this contest constitutes Entrants’ full and unconditional agreement to and the acceptance of these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these official rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
4. Contest Period. The contest begins on the date and time that the membership of the AJS can download the conference app to their smart mobile device and ends with regard to winning Prize # 1 at 9:00pm on Sunday December 17, 2017. with regard to Prize #2, the contest ends on December 19, 2017 at 1:45pm EST, the contest period.
5. How To Enter. You enter by downloading the conference App to your smart mobile device when provided the opportunity to do so by notification that the app is available to be downloaded.
6. Contest and Prize. Sponsor will select a winner of Prize #1 based upon the most number of “handshakes” using the conference mobile App on the Entrant’s smart mobile device at 9:00pm on Sunday December 17, 2017. Sponsor will notify the winner of Prize #1 by the end of the conference either in person or by email with the winning contestant receiving free registration for the Association for Jewish Studies Conference in December 2018. The 2018 conference will be held at the Sheraton Boston Hotel in Massachusetts from December 16, 2018 through December 18, 2018. Sponsor will pick a winner of Prize # 2 based upon the most number of “handshakes” using the conference mobile App on the Entrant’s smart mobile device from the date the app may be downloaded to the entrants’ smart mobile device through and including 1:45pm on Tuesday December 19, 2017. Sponsor will notify the winner of Prize # 2 by phone or email after the conference is over with the winning contestant receiving free individual membership to the Association for Jewish Studies from September 1, 2018 through August 31, 2019, a free registration for the 2018 Association for Jewish Studies Annual Conference in Boston, Massachusetts and a free two-night hotel stay including the cost of the room and the taxes, no incidentals, for that room only at the 2018 conference hotel. Winners must continue to comply with all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner. In the case of a tie for either, the winner of Prize # 1 or Prize # 2 winner of either prize will be the individual who has the most number of “handshakes” at the earliest time prior to the end date and time of the contest of all of the people with the same number of handshakes and will be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsors decision will be final and binding.
7. General Conditions. Sponsors are not responsible for problems related to technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the website, or for any other technical problems including telecommunication, miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled, or misdirected communications which may limit a contestant’s ability to participate in this Contest. Sponsors are not responsible for any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether network, printing, typographical, human or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Contest-related materials. In the event that the operation security or administration of the contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the contest is unable to run as planned for any reason, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest if it can be done timely, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Contest and, in the event of Termination award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney’s fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provisions of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision.
8. Prize Non-Transferable. Entrants’ further agree that both Prize # 1 and Prize # 2 are non-transferable, may not otherwise be sold or assigned and may not be used by anyone other than the Entrant who wins that prize. Entrants further agree that the winner of either prize may not attempt to trade in or otherwise sell the prize and receive a cash equivalent for that prize. Entrants further agree that Prize # 1 and that portion of Prize # 2 regarding the free registration for the 2018 AJS Conference in Boston, Massachusetts and the free two-night hotel room including the taxes for that room may only be used for the Association for Jewish Studies Conference which is scheduled for December 16, through December 18, 2018 and that Prize #1 and that portion of Prize # 2 regarding the free registration for the AJS Conference and the free hotel room and taxes for that room shall be forfeited if not used for that conference which is scheduled to be held in Boston, Massachusetts from December 16, 2018 through and including December 18, 2018 and that the ability to use the Prize # 1 and that portion of Prize # 2 regarding the free registration for the conference and the free hotel stay for two days and the taxes for that room expires on December 18, 2018.
9. General Release. By entering the contest, you release and hold harmless the Association for Jewish Studies and its’ employees from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, cost, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
10. Taxes or Other Costs. Winner is solely responsible for all expenses, costs or fees associated with transportation and acceptance and/or use of the prize not specified herein as being awarded, including without limitation, any and all taxes (if any). The value of Prize # 1 is equal to a free registration for the 2018 AJS conference. The value of Prize # 2 which includes free individual membership for one person for AJS for September 2018 through and including August 31, 2019 and one free 2018 AJS Conference registration and a two-night stay in the hotel where the AJS conference is being held and the cost of the taxes for that hotel stay. Winner is not a recipient of a prize until s/he has been verified as the Winner by the Sponsor. Upon fulfilling prize, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the Winner and such Winner assumes full responsibility for the prize. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.11. Publicity about Contest. By taking part in this Contest, the Entrants grants the Sponsor the permission to use the information about the Contest and the winner for any kind of publication such as websites, newsletters, testimonials, brochures, advertisements, social platforms or any other way.
All Member News