PLEASE NOTE: THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL HAS PASSED.
• All proposals must be submitted online via the submission website no later than Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 5:00 PM EDT. Proposals submitted by any other means or emailed directly to Division Chairs or AJS staff will not be accepted.
• Access to the proposal submission site is available through your MyAJS account or directly by clicking here. You will need to log in to your MyAJS account; join or renew your individual membership for September-December 2019, and then click the "Submit a Proposal" link under the Conference header to access the submission site. The system will not allow you to submit a proposal until you have completed the required payment. (Note: the submission site data is updated several times per day, but is not refreshed in real time, so the site may not allow you to log in if you just renewed. Please try again later, and then contact Michelle in the AJS Office if you are still having trouble.) Log into the conference submission site with the same username and password as you use for your MyAJS account.
• Do not use the "back" arrow on your web browser to return to a previous page on the submission site. You will lose your data. Move back and forth through the submission site only via the corner prompts on the submission pages.
• In order to save your data, you must click "Accept and Continue" in the bottom right-hand corner of each submission page. If you are interrupted during the submission process, or wish to finish submitting at a later time, enter temporary information and click "Accept and Continue" on each page until you get to the final page, confirming that your proposal has been received. You will also receive an email confirming submission. You may go back and edit your proposal as many times as you like through the submission deadline of May 2, 2019, but note that you will not be able to receive additional emails to confirm changes you make beyond the original submission.
• If you get "lost" in the midst of submitting a proposal, you can always click the "Submission Menu" tab in the top right-hand corner of the page, and you will be brought back to the first page of the submission process. From there, you will be able to select "Work on Current Submission", and you can move through the pages you have completed (the data will have been saved) and resume where you left off.
• To volunteer to chair a session, please select "Volunteer to be a Chair" from the Main Menu, and indicate which divisions you would like to be considered for in a chair role. Note that chair roles count towards the two role maximum for a conference.• The system times out after 60 minutes. If you are unable to finish the submission process within that time, enter temporary information and click "Accept and Continue" on each page until you get to the final page, confirming that your proposal has been received. You will also receive an email confirming submission. You may go back and edit your proposal as many times as you'd like up until the submission deadline of May 2, 2019.
All Member News